Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. has extensive experience in the field of ERP implementation and consulting. We present you the module that allows the user to select the Lab to get the lab test done. GNU Health is a health care system developed on Tryton, open source ERP platform. It is a free/Libre system for health practitioners, health institutions and governments. It has the scalability to suit small private clinics as well as large public hospitals. It covers the functionality of Electronic Medical Record(EMR), Hospital Management and Health Information System(HIS). In GNU Health, there is a Lab module that allows user to create a lab request for specific lab test. In separate menu, user can see Lab test requests and Lab test results but in lab request there is no way user can specify the lab. SerpentCS has created module that allows you to create labs and allows user to select the lab when Lab Request is generated. User can create a Lab from Health> Configuration> Laboratory> Lab. Lab is also associated with the hospital. One hospital can have multiple labs. Now, when user goes to Request Lab Test, he can select the Patient, Doctor and Lab. After that, select the Lab tests to be requested. All requested test can be found in Health> Laboratory> Lab Test Requests. In the list view also the Lab field can be seen. Lab Test Result can be seen as the following: So, this is the simple yet very useful functionality provided by the module. For more information and queries, send us an email on firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks.
" We Smash You With The Information That Will Make Your Life Easier "
Default Odoo starts in http mode, not secure. To run Odoo with nginx and secure HTTPS mode, we would guide you for some steps:
- Step -1
- Step -2
/etc/nginx/sit-availablethis location .
- Step -3
server.keyfile and past into
The Odoo users, developers and community..
Everyone is overjoyed ! Let's celebrate! Do register issues so we can present better v9!
With the commit of 'RELEASE' tag, the various images/GIFs have been uploaded.
See them and have fun!
Being an expert of Odoo Since 8 years, we have been releasing some useful tips and news around Odoo every month. Here we go for September 2015. Please note down the ODOO tips coming out of Media around Odoo especially Twitter and Facebook. Lets thank to them.
- Self-paced Online Odoo technical training at a very low cost of $99. Apply coupon 'Mufaddal99' for 67% discount.
- Odoo 9.0 branch has been created. Release is planned on October 1.
- Various Security aspects in Odoo v9.
- odoo v9 tip of the Day : You don't have group-checkbox for technical settings anymore! Its merged with Activating the debug view!
- Odoo is one of the Top 5 open source Project Management tools in 2015!
- Use a simple but useful module by @eLBaddi for a different logo in the Odoo frontend from the one in the backend.
- The wait is over! popup reminder module and
#organizationChart module are available on odoo app https://lnkd.in/eZv52SJ
- How to use Odoo in a restaurant, Checkout.
- Odoo Module for a better dialog box for the translation of data.
- Odoo Contribution of the month : Odoo Website Module
- Product can have multiple Images and zoom feature by SerpentCS.
- Odoo POS - How to set up screen resolution, full screen, and keyboard.
- Add a bunch of products at once with this module in Odoo.
- Odoo HRMS Android app, Use and Feed us back.
- Odoo module for expanding grouped records in web.
- Hotel Management is ready to go in Production, odoohms.com openerphms.com by SerpentCS.
- Change the picking backorder strategy in Odoo with this module.
- Force the language in which you send your email templates for #odoo v8 with OCA module.
- Our First #ios#ODOO app has been launched on iTunes today. Check the feature video here https://goo.gl/iP2gZ4@Apple#SerpentCS#OpenERP
- Odoo-Ebay connector by SerpentCS.
- SerpentCS did one more successful integration of odoo with #windows hand held device.
Please see more Updates:
1. Odoo news in March 2015.
2. Odoo news in April 2015.
3. Odoo news in May 2015.
4. Odoo news in June 2015.
5. Odoo news in July 2015.
Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. is providing various ODOO services in more than 42 countries. Our services includes Training, Support, Migration, Implementation, Development and offshore. We are a team of 60+ full time OpenERP/ODOO experts including 4 techno functional experts who were part of core openerp framework development and having 8+ years of experience in OpenERP. We have conducted 56+ local and international functional and technical training on OpenERP with 90% satisfaction ratio. Look at the events and customer feedback.
Serpent Consulting Services Pvt Ltd. proudly presents the module which integrates PayUmoney with Odoo. PayUmoney is a popular Indian payment gateway. PayUMoney offers electronic payment service to your website through its various partnerships with banks and payment instrument companies. Through PayUMoney, your clients would be able to make electronic payments through credit card, debit card and online net banking account .
Module For PayUmoney:
This document will explain how the integration works:
Shop the products from Odoo eCommerce:
After selecting the products, you can review the order.
Ecommerce system will ask for customer details and the address details. Once the details are entered and verified, user clicks on confirm.
After filling Shipping and Billing details, next stage is to validate the order. You can see PayUmoney as a payment method. Select it and Click on Pay Now.
Clicking on Pay Now, you will be redirected to the PayUmoney gateway.
PayUmoney gives your option to make the payment using its own wallet, you can use your saved cards. It also gives your option to make payment using credit card, debit card or net banking. PayUmoney gives an option to use the coupon if you have one.
Once you enter correct payment details and click on Make Payment, system is redirected to Odoo. You get the acknowledgement of your order with Sale Order number.
In the back-end, you can find the entry in Setting> Payments> Payment Transactions. All the payments done using the PayUmoney gateway are logged here. If you open any transaction, it will give you the following details.
PayUmoney is very popular indian Payment gateway. You can give extra edge to your customers by giving them option to make payment using PayUmoney. User can get benefit by using numeruos coupons that PayUmoney offers.
For any query or feedback, drop an email on email@example.com.
Hello Odoo User/Developer, While developing the module, we always face the issues of renaming the module midway and this again becomes headache for us. Antonio Espinosa from Madrid has done a nice job of sharing this tip here. We are glad to share on the bigger platform with all courtesy and thanks to him.
Odoo - Rename an addon without losing data
__openerp__.pyaddon name field
- Change translations files (i18n folder, .po and .pot files)
cd i18n sed -i 's/#\(.*\)\* <old_name>/#\1* <new_name>/g' *.po* sed -i 's/#\. module: <old_name>/#. module: <new_name>/g' *.po* sed -i 's/#: view:\(.*\):<old_name>/#: view:\1:<new_name>/g' *.po* sed -i 's/#: model:\(.*\),name:<old_name>/#: model:\1,name:<new_name>/g' *.po*
- Change XML ID (module part) on views, templates, records, ...
UPDATE ir_module_module SET name = '<new_name>' WHERE name = '<old_name>'; UPDATE ir_model_data SET module = '<new_name>' WHERE module = '<old_name>'; UPDATE ir_model_data SET name = 'module_<new_name>' WHERE name = 'module_<old_name>' AND module = 'base' AND model = 'ir.module.module'; UPDATE ir_module_module_dependency SET name = '<new_name>' WHERE name = '<old_name>'; UPDATE ir_translation SET module = '<new_name>' WHERE module = '<old_name>';
__openerp__.pyaddon depends field
Serpent Consulting Services Pvt Ltd is into ERP implementation since 8 years and have been actively working on various ERPs which mainly includes Odoo, Tryton, OpenBravo, ERPNext and TallyERP as main players.
As per our experience, 70% of ERP implementations fail. As an implementer, we see that the main reason is 'analysis' and transparency in showing up the complete business process. The other reason is, Bosses always want the ERP, but the operators/users do not!
Baseball great Yogi Berra used to say, “If you don’t know where you’re going, you might not get there.” This simplistic quote has survived through the years because it holds an undeniable truth – you need to have your direction and goal in mind before getting started or you’re likely to get lost and miss your target entirely. This saying can be applied to countless circumstances in life and an ERP implementation is no exception. Before you commit your time, effort, resources and money to a complex ERP project, you need to have a clear picture of where you want your business to be in the future.
The first step in determining where you want to be is to understand where you are. Knowing how your business currently operates and having business practices clearly documented is important for several reasons.
Knowing what you’re doing today and how it is done allows you to identify the unique differentiating factors that distinguish your organization from your competitors. This is important information to have when you’re headed into an ERP implementation because you can make sure you preserve the practices that provide competitive advantage. Without having your current state business processes documented, there is no way to ensure you are keeping the pieces that make your company stand out in the marketplace.
On the flip side of this equation, when documenting your current state business processes the inefficiencies involved often become obvious. The same exercise that allows you to identify and preserve the practices that give your organization its competitive advantage also gives you the opportunity to recognize areas where you can stand to improve operations. Ultimately, your business process documentation should serve as the foundation for the design of any new ERP software solution.
Even when inefficiencies are less obvious, having your current business processes documented helps to evaluate areas for process improvement. ERP vendors often have their software’s standard practices defined, which you can compare to your business processes by performing a gap analysis. Once you define the gaps between what you’re doing today and how the ERP software would handle a task, you can weigh the benefits and drawbacks to each method and make an informed decision as to how the process should be executed moving forward.
Another advantage of having clearly documented current state business processes is the reduction in the time needed to communicate with both internal and external parties. Whether you’re on boarding an outside consultant so they understand your business, training new employees in your company’s practices or proposing a new way to complete a task to your executive group, a picture (or well-structured, detailed procedure document) is worth a thousand words. This is especially true for complex business processes.
Being able to point to a standardized process document will also eliminate misalignment between individuals doing the same job. Without formal documentation, each employee in a certain functional area may have their own way to accomplish tasks, leading to arguments over the design of new ERP software. Such an inconsistency can wreak havoc on an ERP project’s timeline and budget.
Having clearly defined current state business processes is a distinct advantage that reduces the time, effort and cost associated with an ERP implementation. Clearly defined business processes can streamline communications, standardize system design and serve as excellent training materials. The upfront costs of putting together comprehensive process documentation will not outweigh the benefits.
From client's First: Implementing a new ERP system, or upgrading to a newer version of the software, is a very time consuming process for any business. More often than not, the time needed for various stages of Implementation are highly underestimated and undervalued, including time needed for training, documentation, and testing. Additionally, in efforts to speed up a go-live date, companies often forego essential areas altogether, such as creating End-User Documentation.
One of the biggest causes of ERP implementation failure is inadequate education and training. In order to avoid this, and ensure your team is fully prepared for testing and training in a new ERP system, it is recommended that companies create their own End-User Documentation. This documentation helps to ensure the new processes and tasks are understood, documented, and helps the team with testing.
Why can’t your Implementation team write your documentation?
Creating End-User Documentation entails knowing a company’s processes and procedures inside and out, and nobody knows this better than the client themselves. Additionally, creating the documentation helps to engrain the new processes and tasks in the memories of the team members and helps to further engage them in the overall Implementation.
What are the steps to create documentation?
Creating End-User documentation is a large and important task. The good news is that it can be broken down into smaller chunks over time, to become a more manageable project. Additionally, End-User Documentation is a work in progress and continues to grow and change as the Implementation project moves along towards go-live, and beyond. The steps below will help break out the various tasks into manageable pieces that should be integrated into the overall Project Timeline.
- Documentation Prep: This should be done at the beginning of your ERP project, before the Analysis/Design sessions. During this time, you should define your users and in-scope departments for the project. You may want to start breaking down each department into various groups. For instance, Accounting/Finance could be broken down into GL, AR, AP, etc.
- Choose a medium & create a template: Once you’ve finished with the documentation prep, you should have an idea of the overall outline for your documentation. You can now determine the medium for the document, whether it be printed or online. There are pros and cons for each medium, but for a complex implementation, such as ERP, an online format with links is a highly effective and useful format. You could use hyperlinks for key words, definitions, and graphics to help users navigate through the documentation. Finally, it is recommended that you create a template for the overall document. This will create a cohesive flow to the document with a more manageable look and feel to the end result.
- Design Work Flows & Test Scripts: After the Analysis/Design sessions in the Implementation, your new processes are set in place. You need to organize your new Work Flows and Processes and incorporate them into the documentation. A Work Flow is a series of related topics, presented in chronological order, as they occur in your business. An example would be:
- Create a Sales Order
- Create a Delivery
- Post Goods
- Create a Billing Document
- Enter Customer Payment
- These areas would then be broken down further into steps to complete each function, also referred to as Test Scripts.
- Testing: The goal for the “first draft” of the documentation should align with the Project Team Training phase of your project. You can have your team use the documentation created during their training sessions, and they can make notes accordingly on changes/revisions needed. This is also the time you want to test the system using the documentation created to ensure the Work Flows and Test Scripts are correct. If you’ve created online documentation, rather than in a printed format, you’ll want to test out the links you’ve created to ensure they are working properly as well.
- Modifications: After the Project Team training and testing, you should modify the documentation based on training/testing results and comments. It is also recommended to add a section, or incorporate “most common errors” or “common questions” into the documentation and steps to address those concerns.
- Final Testing/Review: After your modifications are complete, the Documentation is now ready for the End-User Training portion of the Implementation. It should be in place for their training and testing. Their comments and revisions should be incorporated as well prior to go-live. Ensure users are aware of documentation and know how to access it,
- Post Go-live: Processes and procedures change as a company grows. It is essential that the documentation is updated/changed accordingly as your business evolves.
- Analyze the right processes. Focus first on the ones that are most important to the organization. Also focus on the processes that are broken vs those that are working. Others may have to be analyzed but having priorities will ensure the most value is obtained from the work performed.
- Start with a simple process vs a complex one. Use the simple process to refine your skills at analyzing and documenting the processes and move to the more complex processes as time goes on.
- Identify the key players. Make sure that the those key to the process are involved. We want to ensure their opinions are sought. Even the most clerical person may reveal elements to the process that senior management are unaware of.
- Identify bottlenecks in processes. It is important to try eliminate bottlenecks so they do not remain when moving to a new ERP. Significant value can be obtained from implementing a new ERP but often this value comes from eliminating inefficient processes that could have been improved with the previous ERP.
- Actually record and document the process. Create a process flow diagram using flow chart software or use a pencil and a ruler or just use text but document, document, document. Even if the information is not accurate to begin with the documentation will prove to be invaluable at some point in the future. Check out this document on creating business process flow diagrams.
- Test the above. Have an independent person test the above documentation. Have them walk through the process or observe other walk through the process. This ensure the process has been documented accurately and removes any unintended bias.
- Modify the process documentation based on the testing. Business processes change constantly and will need to be modified constantly. This exercise may have to be viewed as a long journey vs a short trip. For ERP implementation purposes there are many processes that will need to be document quickly so that changes in the processes can be evaluated before the new implementation.
Dear Reader, Being an expert of Odoo Since 8+ years, we have been releasing some useful tips and news around Odoo every month. Along with that we are also contributing a lot of features/modules to Odoo Appstore. You can checkout here to see the list of modules we have added for the large Odoo community. This time around, we have released / published the module called project_team. In the industry, there is always a need to set the specific team for the projects. For any set of new inquiry, any specific project like Pipeline, webdesign, software testing, TV setup, any installation of machine/software, you always have a team which handles the particular project and hence the tasks. This module allows you the flexibility to handle the project assignation quickly.
This module is developed to set project team members.
You can configure the project teams from 'Projects team' menu under configuration of projects.
Once you select the relevant project team, you will get the associated members automatically assigned to the project.
Being an expert of Odoo Since 8 years, we have been releasing some useful tips and news around Odoo every month. Here we go for July 2015. Please note down the ODOO tips coming out of Media around Odoo especially Twitter and Facebook. Lets thank to them.
- Self-paced Online Odoo technical training at a very low cost of $180. Apply coupon SCS40 for 40% discount.
- How a Business University uses Odoo for their accounting purposes.
- Place your odoo v8 partner's addresses on several online map services with this new module.
- The wait is over!
#popup reminder module and #organizationChart module are available on #odoo app https://lnkd.in/eZv52SJ
- How to create web themes for Odoo #CMS http://bit.ly/1NylGeb #webdesign
- We are happy to introduce Odoo Online 2015 Summer Release http://bit.ly/1NKUxoi
Dear Reader, Being an expert of Odoo Since 8+ years, we have been releasing some useful tips and news around Odoo every month. Here we go for June 2015. Please note down the ODOO tips coming out of Media around Odoo especially Twitter and Facebook. Lets thank to them. - Self-paced Online Odoo technical training at a very low cost of $300. Apply coupon SCS40 for 40% discount. - Odoo Keynote at OdooExperience 2015 : Odoo Strategy 2015. - Version 9 expected to be release by Q4 this year for end users, and online user can enjoy by Q3 #OdooExperience
- Hotel Management is ready to go in Production, odoohms.com openerphms.com by SerpentCS. - Redmine-Odoo connector v7 by @SFLINUX. SerpentCS is doing v8. - Customise your @BusinessProcess in #odoo Advance Workflow #training#SelfPaced 40% discount #SerpentCS#UDEMYhttp://goo.gl/fy1nxC - #Odoo Security Advisories just made public, update your deployments: http://git.io/vLpWj http://git.io/vLpW4 http://git.io/vLpWf - If you missed OdooExperience, you can visit Odoo publich channel. - New v9 Accounting : How to manage your day to day accounting. - Odoo Mobile Documentation : http://mobile.odoo.co.in/v2/index.html - Our First #ios #ODOO app has been launched on iTunes today. Check the feature video here https://goo.gl/iP2gZ4 @Apple #SerpentCS #OpenERP - Odoo-Ebay connector by SerpentCS. Please see more Updates: 1. Odoo news in Feb 2015 Part 1. 2. Odoo news in Feb 2015 Part 2. 3. Odoo news in March 2015. 4. Odoo news in April 2015. 5. Odoo news in May 2015. Serpent Consulting Services Pvt. Ltd. is providing various ODOO services in more than 39 countries. Our services includes Training, Support, Migration, Implementation, Development and offshore. We are a team of 55+ full time OpenERP/ODOO experts including 4 techno functional experts who were part of core openerp framework development and having 7+ years of experience in OpenERP. We have conducted 50+ local and international functional and technical training on OpenERP with 90% satisfaction ratio. Look at the events and customer feedback. Thanks.
Larger companies are often seen to opt for Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning commonly referred to as (ERP) because of its customization options and economic viability. To meet the core business needs, a new interface is needs to be created outside the regular system to keep up with the organizing part of the company.
ODOO Consultancy integrates software solutions with the management of the entire resources of the business, does inclusive planning, inventory management, processing of orders, accounting, purchasing, human resource, financing and more. As the company and its entire source content is owned by one unit single-handedly, there remains no dependency on the vendors. This is where the Open Source ERP is brought into the picture which pulls together the ultimate task of implementing the software.
The benefits of using an ODOO Consulting are:
Benefits outweigh the costs of the system, as the system that is selected is appropriate from all the aspects be it features, cost or even the technology standpoint. This provides one with an integrated system which overviews all the operations that are performed.
The workflow and efficiency are maintained properly with improved and well-run processes. This helps in the reduction of inventory costs to a greater extent as the requirements are shortlisted quite early.
Avoidance of duplication of data, hence the redundancy is reduced in a much greater extent. Broadening of the vision of the decision maker by bringing forth uniform processes which stand upright on the foundation of the best-admired business practices.
Distribution of the information among the departments for better visibility of accounts, E-commerce ODOO, reduction in billing or delivery errors.
Access to information improves over a large scale as the dependency on humans decreases. The quality of the output is made better along with the span getting shorter hence leading to customer satisfaction.
The ODOO developers make very crucial back-end systems for any particular business. The Developer should know best the implementation method and the custom fitting for the exclusive requirements of the business.
Hiring an ODOO developer requires them to be skilled, experienced, and to have the insight of the work field to maintain and uplift the standards of services of all the projects ensuring satisfaction to every client. The person should be efficient at:
Working in the ODOO framework like installation, implementation, hosting and configuring completely.
The modules should be customized as per their specific requirement by the ODOODeveloper. Maintenance and support of the training are to be ensured by the hired ODOO Developer and also the training of the employees to do so. Operation of the ODOO e-commerce system and the setting up of the electronic point-of-sale is also to be done by the ODOO Developer.
Let SerpentCS be at your service for all the ODOO Essential requirements. We help with all the basic installation, managing of business accounts and configuring the view for a brilliant ODOO experience. Our ODOO consultancy understands the market and the business which revolves around it. Our enterprise keeps an eye on the market enterprise of sources and remains updated on the ERP and ODOO front. We are experts at ODOO Consulting, and we strongly believe in transforming the future of any business that we become associated with.
For more info, check www.serpentcs.com or Kindly Contact Us.